Thursday, June 18, 2009

Editing Dakota 38 Film




Currently I’m digging deep into the 60 or so hours of film taken last December on the horse ride. It’s a rainy day in NYC which makes it a little easier to be glued in front of a computer screen for so many hours. It’s been a powerful and humbling process over the last 5 months editing this film. Often times I get very emotional as I’m editing and I feel so honored to be playing a part in telling this story.

Jay McKay has already started working on an amazing original soundtrack for the film and here is one rough track if you’d like to have a listen…..Jay doesn’t like me sharing the tracks until they’re polished yet it’s just a taste of what’s to come.

Right now we’ve got about 20 minutes edited on the timeline and it's exciting to see it taking a solid shape.




The goal is to get a rough cut done by Early July and then share the film with everyone at the Sundance that Jim Miller leads in Alberta. This will be a great place to get feedback regarding the film.

I'll keep you all posted as the editing evolves.

Big Smiles from NYC,

Silas

No comments: